Five Stars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In the Beginning
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:44 am by Queen Bit-chan

» Personal Introductions
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:12 am by Queen Bit-chan

» Roanel of the Order
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:49 pm by Frozen Rose

» Carreth Edren of Thern
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:02 pm by Commander Fei

» Half-Breeds
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 7:43 am by Commander Fei

» Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read)
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:14 pm by Frozen Rose

» RP Discussion (Please Read)
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:42 pm by Commander Fei

» The Order of Five Stars
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:46 am by Frozen Rose

» Questions, Comments, Concerns
Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:27 am by Commander Fei

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
DA After Effects
Crossroads Keep

Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read)

2 posters

Go down

Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) Empty Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read)

Post  Commander Fei Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Pretty self explanatory, don't you think? Please follow these rules, and everything will be just fine. If you think a new rule or guideline should be added, then please! Let us know!

1. Admin authority is not the end all be all of the forum. If you think that a rule we come up with is stupid, or if you see something going on in the forum that you don't like- of if you just have an idea that you'd like us to incorporate- then please, feel free to take it up with us! We're not monsters; we want this to be fun for everyone. Think of Admins and Mods as more... mediators. We're just here to make sure things run smoothly. In some situations, we may need to step up and stand firm on a subject, but such cases will be (hopefully) rare.

2. Please keep romantic relationships and language to an acceptable level. We're all mature individuals here, I should hope. Cursing happens. It happens a lot, in the case of some characters. Just don't let things get out of hand. Use your discretion, in the off-chance that a younger RPer stumbles into our midst. Also, Romance is allowed (and mildly encouraged, along with Rivalries and Friendships), just keep things clean, people. If you want to go above and beyond the call of duty, as it were, take it an MSN, or something of the like.

3. Please discuss drastic events beforehand. Surprises are the basis of a fun RP, but some decisions have to be made before hand, either cleared with the mods or with any other characters your actions might strongly effect. For instance, you can't just go around killing other people's characters. In such an event, you should plan it out with the character's player, and make sure that it is fine with them. And please don't go around blowing up the fortress without the consent of the moderators. Sometimes, these things are good for furthering plot or add points of contention to stir things up, but clearance is always a good thing. We don't want things getting chaotic.

4. Keep in mind that things that happen in the RP do not reflect reality. I should hope that this is rather self-explanatory. I don't mean to say that you should know the difference between being attacked by Drow and getting stuck in mid-morning traffic (I hope that that is really self-explanatory), I simply mean to say that if a character- Character A- dislikes your character- Character B- in the roleplay itself, that you should know that that doesn't mean that the RPer of Character A dislikes you, RPer B, in reality.

5. Keep character abilities to an acceptable level. We all want our characters to be awesome. It is in the very nature of making characters. That doesn't mean that your character has to be invincible, or the Chosen One (whatever that means), to be cool. Faults and weaknesses make a character cool almost as much as their abilities; try to keep things balanced. Mary Sues will be hit with the PMS truck: it is an 18-wheeler full of lead (add this sentence to your profile to indicate you have read the rules).

6. There is no character limit. The only thing we ask is that you try to keep to one or two characters in the beginning. However, as I know intimately, sometimes you just lose the muse for a certain character. Sometimes you get an awesome character in your head, and just have to use them. Well, go ahead. We're not going to stop you. Just make sure you can handle it.

7. We reserve the right to add any new rules as time demands. I hope that's pretty self-explanatory.

In the end, we want this to be fun for everyone. We want everyone to have a nice, laid back time in OOC moments, and crazy mad fun in the RP itself. Like we said before, we admins (and mods) aren't here to lord over you. We're part of the RP, too, you know. We want to have fun. Try to keep up with your common sense, and things should go swimmingly.
Commander Fei
Commander Fei
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forum and RPing Rules (Please Read) Empty Keep in mind...

Post  Frozen Rose Wed May 19, 2010 10:14 pm

The Chatbox is for out-of-character comments exclusively. Please do not conduct any RPing within the Chatbox.
Frozen Rose
Frozen Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down